Sunday, October 21, 2012

Cinnamon Baked Sweet Potato

Trust me. You're going to want to try this recipe. Even if you aren't a big sweet potato fan (like me). Hubby is doing the Whole Life Challenge, so he's been on a strict diet. Me, not so much. We both have sweet tooths, or would that be sweet teeth? So he's been on the prowl for 'desserts' that follow his diet rules.

He's mainly been eating frozen bananas with almond butter, or pineapple with cinnamon, but he's been experimenting with other combinations. A couple nights ago, he came up with this-

Cinnamon Baked Sweet Potato
  • 1 sweet potato
  • 1/2 pat of butter
  • dash of salt
  • sprinkle of cinnamon
  1. Preheat oven to 400. Pierce sweet potato with fork, and place on baking sheet into pre-heated oven for 45 minutes.
  2. Let cool for 5 minutes, cut open and scrape out flesh of sweet potato into a bowl.
  3. Mix in butter, salt and cinnamon.
  4. Enjoy!
Despite the amount of cook time, this dessert is so easy and ridiculously delicious. That's saying something coming from me. I omit sweet potatoes whenever possible from my Thanksgiving meal plan. This recipe is definitely going on the menu this year!

Best of all, I plugged the info into my 'lose it' app, and it comes in at only 120 calories!! Plus, sweet potatoes are actually nutritious, unlike most 120 calorie 'desserts'.

I apologize for the lack of a pic. Hubby eats it too quick, so I haven't been able to get a pic yet. I'll try to add one later.

Hugs,
-J

1 comment:

  1. Delicious and nutritious! My little sis got me hooked on sweet potato fries. It's funny you wrote sweet teeth because I was thinking it before I read it.

    ReplyDelete