Saturday, October 13, 2012

Build and Grow!

This weekend we had some home projects to work on, so a trip to Lowe's was in order. We've always seen the 'build and grow' projects advertised, but figured Monkey was too small. Now that he's 4, I decided it was time to check it out. We registered him for the 'ghoul bus' project, and showed up promptly at 10am, not sure what to expect.

I have to say my expectations were far exceeded. Each kid is given their own tool apron (for keeps), and an iron-on patch to put on the apron. They get a new patch for each project. They also get their own safety goggles, and the kit to put together. Did I mention it's all free? FREE! I was expecting to have to at least pay for the kit.

Grandpa is in town, so he got to help Monkey and Daddy make the bus. They had kid size *real* hammers set out, and Monkey had a blast banging away (his hammer at home is plastic). It's a simple enough project that even a 4 year old doesn't lose interest. Probably only took 15 minutes start to finish. 

I'm pretty sure they do these twice a month, at all their stores, and you can sign up in advance online to ensure you get a spot. I definitely recommend it! We'll certainly be doing it again.



Monkey's apron, patch and Ghoul Bus

1 comment:

  1. Good to know! Glad the boys had fun! Thanks for sharing (& now you have a kitchen apron!)

    ReplyDelete